New Potato and Green Bean Salad in a Spice Blend Vinaigrette
Yield: About 2 quarts
The tender green beans and creamy new potatoes in this gorgeous salad are draped in a custom blend of exotic, curry-like spices infused in extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette. Feel free to substitute our pre-made curry powder blend in this particular recipe. It will be a little more golden, but equally delicious.
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
- 1/2 pound green beans, stems removed Add to list
- 1/2 cup oil-roasted tomatoes (or you may substitute 1 cup fresh, chopped tomatoes) Add to list
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes Add to list
- Spice Blend Vinaigrette Add to list
- 6 to 8 lemon slices Add to list
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut the new potatoes in half. Toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender through. Cook the green beans in boiling, salted water for 5 to 8 minutes or until al dente but still green. Refresh in cold water and drain.
Toss the beans, potatoes, tomatoes and feta in the vinaigrette. Garnish with lemon slices and mint. (You may fry the lemon slices in a hot sauté pan for about 1 minute to a side for a little more contrast.)
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: PCC Fresh, June 2010
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.