Serves: 4 to 6
Nothing compares with fresh, raw vegetables, especially dressed with vibrant Asian flavors. Served in smaller portions, this slaw makes a stimulating appetizer as part of a multicourse meal. It should be eaten right away.
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage (about 1/2 head) Add to list
- 2 carrots, grated Add to list
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on a diagonal Add to list
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (optional) Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds Add to list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tahini Add to list
- 1 tablespoon mirin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce Add to list
Combine the cabbage, carrots, celery, fennel (if using), red bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, hemp seeds and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
Combine the lime juice, tahini, mirin, tamari, agave nectar, sesame oil, and Sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until emulsified. Pour over the vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly to coat. Serve at once.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »