Mushrooms on Toast
Cooked in soups, stews, stuffing and sauces, or served raw in salads, mushrooms add texture and flavor to almost any dish. This simple recipe takes advantage of the season’s freshest mushrooms. Mix and match your favorites with fresh herbs and seasonings for this tasty appetizer or light lunch.
- 1/3 pound fresh assorted mushrooms Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 3/4 cups cider vinegar or wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped Add to list
- Salt to taste Add to list
- 2 or 3 large slices of artisan bread, toasted Add to list
Toss the mushrooms in a bowl with the olive oil, parsley, garlic and some salt and pepper. Cover for up to 1 day. Melt butter in large skillet and when sizzling, add mushrooms.
Sauté on high heat for 4 or 5 minutes stirring constantly till about to release water. Add lemon juice, vinegar and cilantro. Cook for about another 5 minutes on high heat. Mound on toast, drizzle leftover juice from pan on top, cut and serve immediately.
Source: Share Organics