Yield: 1 17-inch pizza
- Dough for 1 pizza Add to list
- 1 28-ounce can peeled tomato, crushed Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano Add to list
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade Add to list
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips Add to list
- 1/2 small sweet onion, sliced Add to list
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered Add to list
- 6 ounces assorted wild mushrooms Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, shredded Add to list
Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly oil a 17-inch pizza pan. Spread the dough onto the pizza pan and top with half of the peeled tomatoes. Add garlic, oregano, basil, pepper, onions, olives, and mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes, then slide the pizza off the pan onto an oven rack and bake 5 minutes.
Slide the pizza back to the pizza pan and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts (3 to 5 minutes).
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor