A medley of earth and sun atop a crisp, perfect slice of baguette.
- Boiling water Add to list
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus additional for brushing Add to list
- 1/2 pound crimini or button mushrooms, chopped Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary Add to list
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts Add to list
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley Add to list
- Pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 baguette Add to list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional) Add to list
In a small cup, pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes to reconstitute.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
Place mushroom mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is the desired consistency. Slice baguette into about 24 thin slices. Brush each slice with olive oil.
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of the mushroom mixture to each slice. Top with Parmesan, if using. Put crostini on a baking sheet and place under a broiler set on low. Broil until edges of bread begin to brown. Watch carefully so they don’t burn!
Each serving: 170 cal, 13g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 9g carb, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 4g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor