Serves: 4 to 6
These are good with or without the cheese.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms of your choice Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed Add to list
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme Add to list
- Bulk Celtic sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- Thin slices of Fontina cheese Add to list
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted Add to list
Heat olive oil in a heavy sauté pan. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté over medium-high heat until lightly golden. Add the thyme and salt and cook for another minute. Add the balsamic vinegar, then serve with the cheese on toasted bread.
Toasted Baguette Slices
Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and toast in a preheated 425º F oven, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn each piece and toast for another minute or two.
Source: Sound Consumer June 2007
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »