Mushroom Broth with Fresh Herb Pesto
Serves: 4 to 6
This recipe was created for a PCC class, which explored natural ways to detoxify the body.
- 8 cups filtered water Add to list
- 3 strips wakame, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, then chopped Add to list
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, with stems removed and sliced Add to list
- 4 to 6 tablespoons white miso, dissolved in 1 cup warm mushroom broth Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 carrots, julienned Add to list
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cabbage Add to list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sliced green onions Add to list
- Fresh Herb Pesto Add to list
Bring water to a boil with the wakame and shiitake mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add miso and fresh ginger.
Place vegetables in individual soup bowls and pour broth over the vegetables. Top with Fresh Herb Pesto.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer July 2004