Mushroom Miso Broth
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 cups filtered water Add to list
- 3 strips wakame, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, then chopped Add to list
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced Add to list
- 4 to 6 tablespoons white miso, dissolved in 1 cup warm mushroom broth Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger Add to list
Bring water to a boil in a 3-quart pot set over medium-high heat. Add the wakame and shiitake mushrooms and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add miso and fresh ginger. Serve hot.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks Instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »