Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup unbleached white flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup barley flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup rye flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup rice flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup white wine Add to list
- 1/3 cup mild tasting oil Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- Sesame or caraway seeds for sprinkling Add to list
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
In a large bowl, mix flours, baking powder and salt together. In a smaller bowl, gently whisk wine and oil together, then add to the dry mixture. Knead just enough to form the dough.
Roll out the dough into a long rectangle about 1/3-inch thick. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and brush over the dough. Sprinkle the dough generously with seeds of your choice and cut into 1/2-inch by 5-inch pieces. Sprinkle salt over the pieces if using.
Grab the ends of each piece and gently twist. Place the “twists” on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Each serving: 60 cal, 3.5g fat (0g sat), 5mg chol, 100mg sodium, 5g carb, 0g fiber, 1g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »