Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup unbleached white flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup barley flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup rye flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup white rice flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup dry, mild white wine Add to list
- 1/3 cup mild-tasting oil Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional) Add to list
- Sesame or caraway seeds, for sprinkling Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, mix all four flours, baking powder and salt together. In a smaller bowl, gently whisk wine and oil together, then add to the dry mixture. Knead just enough to form the dough.
Roll out dough into a long rectangle about 1/3-inch thick. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and brush over dough. Sprinkle generously with seeds of your choice and cut dough into 1/2-inch by 5-inch pieces. Sprinkle salt, sesame seeds or carawayseeds over the pieces.
Grab the ends of each piece and gently twist. Place the “twists” on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Each serving: 60 cal, 3.5g fat (0g sat), 5mg chol, 100mg sodium, 5g carb, 0g fiber, 1g protein