Moroccan Whole Spice-crusted Chicken Brochettes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano Add to list
- 1 small onion, sliced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into chunks Add to list
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water Add to list
Combine all ingredients except for the Spice Mixture and let marinate for 2 hours. Remove chicken from the marinade and dry with a clean towel. Roll pieces in the Spice Mixture and string onto skewers. For appetizer portions, place 2 pieces per skewer. For a main course, string 6 to 8 pieces per skewer.
Grill skewers over hot coals or a gas grill pre-heated to high, for about 10 minutes, occasionally turning, or until the internal temperature is 165° F. (You also may roast the skewers in a 400° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.)
Serve with polenta or couscous and Honeyed Orange and Fennel Salad.
For Spice Mixture
Place all the ingredients in a mortar, spice grinder or pepper mill; crack or coarsely grind.
Recipe by, PCC Chef