PCC Moroccan Chicken with Lemon and Green Olives
This is a delicious chicken dish with interesting flavors. The green olives add a wonderful twist.
- 4 boneless free-range or organic chicken breast halves Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Spectrum Organic Olive Oil or other good quality olive oil Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick Add to list
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder Add to list
- 16 pitted, large green olives Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Broth Add to list
- 1/4 cup white wine Add to list
- Cilantro for garnish Add to list
Heat half of the olive oil in cast iron or other heavy skillet.
Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the breasts in the heated pan and brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
Add the remaining olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, lemon zest, coriander and olives. Salt and pepper to your taste may be added here.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, add the lemon juice and wine. Cook for another minute.
Replace the chicken breasts and add the stock. Press the breasts down into the liquid, ladle some of the onions over. Cook, covered, for another 10 minutes over medium heat.
Serve with couscous and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon zest.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!