PCC Moroccan Chicken with Lemon and Green Olives
This is a delicious chicken dish with interesting flavors. The green olives add a wonderful twist.
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil, divided Add to list
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1/4-inch-thick Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 16 large green olives, pitted Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup white wine Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish Add to list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth Add to list
- Couscous, for serving (optional) Add to list
Heat half the oil in cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat.
Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the heated pan and brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
Add remaining oil to the pan along with onions, garlic, lemon zest, coriander and olives. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add lemon juice and wine; cook for another minute.
Return chicken to the pan and add stock. Press the breasts down into the liquid and ladle some of the onions over. Cook, covered, for another 10 minutes over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with couscous and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon zest.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!