Mixed Salad Greens with Tropical Vinaigrette
Serves: 6 to 8
- 16 ounces mixed spring greens Add to list
- 1 cup tropical fruit juice (mango, passion, guava or tropical juice blend) Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
Rinse and dry greens in a salad spinner.
Combine fruit juice, garlic, ginger, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. You may do this by hand with a wire whisk, or in a food processor. The key is gradual addition of the oil while continuously whisking (a good vinaigrette shows no separation between oil and vinegar).
Pour dressing over greens and toss lightly.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer May 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »