Mixed Greens with Strawberries, Marcona Almonds, Feta & Red Pepper Vinaigrette
Creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet — this salad is an unusual but delicious combination of flavors and textures
For the Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 ounces roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded (PCC carries roasted red peppers in jars) Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
For the salad
- 8 to 10 cups mixed baby greens Add to list
- 16 to 20 basil leaves, torn Add to list
- 4 ounces Marcona almonds, toasted Add to list
- 6 ounces strawberries, sliced thick Add to list
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 ounces feta cheese Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
To make the vinaigrette
Purée all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer and set aside.
To make the salad
Place greens, torn basil, almonds and strawberries in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing (1/4 cup is plenty) and toss to coat. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
Divide salad mixture between 4 plates and crumble feta on top of each. Garnish with extra berries, almonds and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Each serving: 210 cal, 24g fat (4g sat), 13mg chol, 13mg sodium, 15g carb, 6g fiber, 10g protein
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, May 2012