Mixed Greens with Strawberries, Marcona Almonds, Feta & Red Pepper Vinaigrette
Creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet — this salad is an unusual but delicious combination of flavors and textures
- 1 1/2 ounces roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 to 10 cups mixed baby greens Add to list
- 16 to 20 basil leaves, torn Add to list
- 4 ounces Marcona almonds Add to list
- 6 ounces strawberries, sliced thick Add to list
- 2 ounces feta cheese Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
Purée peppers, oil, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer and set aside.
Place greens, basil, almonds and strawberries in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing (1/4 cup is plenty) and toss to coat. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
Divide salad mixture between 4 plates and crumble feta on top of each. Garnish with extra berries, almonds and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Each serving: 210 cal, 24g fat (4g sat), 13mg chol, 13mg sodium, 15g carb, 6g fiber, 10g protein