Mixed Green Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Heartier lettuces such as romaine also stand up well to the dressing.
- 4 small carrots, peeled Add to list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise Add to list
- 1/2 cup sour cream Add to list
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped chives Add to list
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon Add to list
- 2 anchovy filets Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 8 lightly packed cups mixed greens Add to list
Using a vegetable peeler, strip long ribbons from the carrots; transfer to a bowl of ice water to let curl.
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, tarragon, anchovies, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor; purée until smooth.
Drain carrots and toss together in a bowl with mixed greens. Drizzle with some of the dressing and gently toss. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
Each serving: 210 cal, 17g fat (2.5g sat), 20mg chol, 210mg sodium, 11g carb, 5g fiber, 4g protein
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, May 2012
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »