Mix and Match Sliders
Yield: 12 sliders
This slider recipe lets you mix and match meat types to design your ideal blend of fat and flavor.
- 1 pound leanest or most versatile ground meat (see note) Add to list
- 1 pound most versatile or most flavorful ground meat (see note) Add to list
- 1 shallot, minced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 12 potato or rosemary rolls Add to list
- Greens, sliced tomatoes and mayonnaise, for serving (optional) Add to list
Combine ground meats, shallots, mustard, thyme and oregano in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Form meat mixture into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook patties until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
Heat broiler to high. Split rolls and place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and toast.
Place patties between roll halves and top with greens, tomatoes and mayonnaise. Serve immediately.
Leanest ground meat options average around 3 percent fat: choose between white meat chicken and white meat turkey.
Most versatile ground meat options range from 6 to 10 percent fat: choose from leanest ground beef, dark meat chicken or dark meat turkey.
The most flavorful ground meat options run from 15 to 30 percent fat. They include extra lean ground beef, pork and lamb.
Each serving: 250 to 320 cal, 14 to 22g fat (2.5 to 6g sat), 55 to 65mg chol, 360 to 370mg sodium, 14g carb, 1g fiber, 15 to 16g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef