A delicious dish with an uncanny taste and texture of scrambled eggs. Top with Worcestershire sauce and/or salsa.
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and pressed of water Add to list
- 2 tablespoons yellow or chickpea miso Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 1 teaspoon wasabi or regular mustard powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 5 tablespoons vegetable broth Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 shallots, minced Add to list
- 1/2 red pepper, diced or 1 to 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chives or scallions, chopped Add to list
In a medium-sized bowl, mix miso, turmeric, wasabi, yeast, salt, pepper, broth and 1 tablespoon olive oil until well blended. Crumble tofu into miso mixture and mix well. Set aside.
Sauté shallots and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until soft. Add tofu mixture and sauté until hot and entire mixture is well incorporated. Do not overcook. Remove from heat. Garnish with chives and additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »