Yield: 1/3 cup
Provides a beautiful contrast in flavor and color to Creamy Butternut Squash Soup.
- 1 teaspoon red or barley miso Add to list
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate Add to list
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger root Add to list
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable stock or water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste concentrate Add to list
Combine miso, tamarind, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and 1 tablespoon stock in a bowl; stir until smooth.
In saucepan over low heat, heat miso sauce. When it begins to lightly bubble, stir and continue to cook for 30 seconds. Add remaining stock. Bring to a boil and stir in tomato paste. When sauce thickens, remove from the heat and set aside. When cooled slightly, pour into a "squirtable" plastic container and design your own swirls over individual cups of soup. If you don't have a plastic squeeze bottle, pour from a measuring cup.
Recipe by, former PCC staff