Miso Noodle Soup
Serves: 4 to 6
A warming bowl of miso soup with thick udon noodles is perfect anytime of the year.
- 8 cups water Add to list
- 3 strips wakame (seaweed) Add to list
- 4 ounces Japanese udon noodles Add to list
- 1 bunch green onions, diagonally sliced Add to list
- 2 carrots, cut like thin match-sticks Add to list
- 1/2 cup white miso Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger juice, or to taste Add to list
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish Add to list
In a soup pot, combine water and wakame. Bring to a boil, add udon noodles and let it come to a boil again. Lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove wakame, cut it into small slices and add back into the broth.
Arrange cut vegetables in individual soup bowls. Just before serving, dissolve miso in 1 cup of wakame broth and add to the soup pot together with tamari and fresh ginger juice. Taste to adjust flavor, then pour over vegetables in bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
Each serving: 120 cal, 0.5g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 117mg sodium, 24g carb, 6g fiber, 8g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Recipe featured in PCC Cooks kids cooking camps.