Minted Broccoli and Peas
Kids and grown-ups alike will enjoy this quick and easy side dish. Use fresh or frozen peas and broccoli, depending on the season and what you have on hand.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets and stalks peeled and sliced Add to list
- ¼ cup water Add to list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves Add to list
In a large sauté pan with a lid, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic and broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Pour in water, cover with a lid, and cook broccoli until it is bright green and just becoming tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add peas, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is fork tender and peas are warm, 3 to 5 additional minutes. Toss gently with remaining butter, lemon zest, juice and fresh mint. Serve immediately.