Mini Zucchini Pizza Bites
Yield: 10 to 15 bites
These fun little pizza bites make great afternoon snacks or nibbles for your next birthday party.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds Add to list
- Cooking oil spray Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese Add to list
- Pepperoni, sliced black olives or your favorite pizza topping (optional) Add to list
Preheat broiler; place the oven rack 8 inches below the broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spray both sides of zucchini slices with cooking oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet and broil until just tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and top each slice with marinara sauce, cheese and toppings of choice. Return to the oven and broil until cheese has just melted (be careful not to burn cheese!), 1 to 2 more minutes.
Each serving: 40 cal, 1.5g fat (1g sat), 5mg chol, 510mg sodium, 4g carb, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef