Mini Zucchini Pizza Bites
Yield: Makes 10 to 15 bites
These fun little pizza bites make great afternoon snacks or nibbles for your next birthday party.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds Add to list
- Cooking oil spray Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese Add to list
- Pepperoni, sliced black olives or your favorite pizza topping (optional) Add to list
Preheat the broiler; place the oven rack 8 inches below the broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spray both sides of the zucchini slices with cooking oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and broil until just tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and top each slice with marinara sauce, cheese and toppings of choice. Return to the oven and broil until the cheese has just melted (be careful not to burn the cheese!), 1 to 2 more minutes.
Each serving: 40 cal, 1.5g fat (1g sat), 5mg chol, 510mg sodium, 4g carb, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »