Mini Summer Berry Cheesecakes
Serves: 8 to 12
This recipe may very well become your "go to" summer dessert. Sweet-tart berries are placed in the bottom of individual ramekins and a quick, lemony batter is poured over. Once they are chilled you can pile extra berries on top for a pretty presentation.
- 24 ounces cream cheese (3 cups), softened Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar Add to list
- 2/3 cup sour cream Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest Add to list
- 3 large eggs Add to list
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and rinsed (or substitute other berries such as raspberries or sliced strawberries or make a Fresh Blueberry Compote) Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine cream cheese, salt and sugar in the bowl of a mixer and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, Grand Marnier or zest and eggs and beat just until well blended.
Scatter 6 to 8 blueberries or a mixture of berries in the bottom of each of 8 medium or 12 small ramekins and fill the cups with batter to about 1/4-inch from the top.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until cheesecakes are just set. They will puff up but will settle back down as they cool. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
Serve with additional berries or Fresh Blueberry Compote.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on June 8, 2013.