Marinated Kale Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
This salad couldn't get any simpler. The lemon dressing softens the kale to achieve the perfect texture.
- 1 lemon, zest plus 3 tablespoons juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 head green kale, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 head red kale, thinly sliced Add to list
- Toasted salted pumpkin seeds, to garnish Add to list
- Toasted salted sunflower seeds, to garnish Add to list
Place zest and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk in honey, oil and season with salt and pepper. Dress greens and let sit for 2 hours. Top with pumpkin and sunflower seeds and serve.
each serving: 120 cal, 10g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 40mg sodium, 8g carb, 1g fiber, 1g protein
Recipe by, PCC Deli Chef
Source: 2011 PCC annual meeting dinner