Marinated Grilled Eggplant
Serves: 4 to 6
Try this marinade with other summer vegetables as well for glorious color on the grill.
- 2 to 3 large eggplants Add to list
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup apple juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup mustard Add to list
- 2 tablespoons white miso Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Cut eggplant lengthwise into 10 to 14 1/4-inch-thick slices. Salt the slices and let them “sweat” for 30 minutes.
In a blender, combine remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Wipe the salt off eggplant slices and brush each one with marinade. Place eggplant slices on an oiled hot grill for 5 to 10 minutes.
Option: broil or roast the slices in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor