Marinated Grilled Eggplant
Serves: 4 to 6
Yield: 1 1/2 cups marinade
Try this marinade with other summer vegetables as well for glorious color on the grill.
- 2 to 3 large eggplants Add to list
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup apple juice Add to list
- 4 tablespoons mustard Add to list
- 2 tablespoons white miso Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- Salt and pepper Add to list
Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 10 to 14 1/4-inch thick slices. Salt the slices and let them “sweat” for 1/2 hour.
In a blender, combine all other ingredients and blend until smooth. Wipe the salt off the eggplant slices and brush each one with the marinade. Place eggplant slices on an oiled hot grill for 5 to 10 minutes.
Option: broil or roast the slices in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, August 2010