Marinated Cherry Tomatoes over Warm Provolone Garlic Bread
Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 large basket cherry tomatoes, halved Add to list
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste
In medium bowl, mix tomatoes, green onions, parsley, rosemary, garlic, oil and vinegar. Cover and marinate at room temperature for at least one hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to list
Provolone garlic bread
To make garlic bread, combine olive oil and garlic and let stand for 10 minutes. Brush one side of each piece of bread with garlic and olive oil. Broil only brushed until lightly browned. Cover the toasted side of the bread with 1 slice of provolone cheese and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan.
When tomatoes are marinated and just before serving, preheat broiler. Toast bread under broiler until cheese is bubbly. To serve, place a piece of warm bread in a shallow soup bowl. Spoon tomatoes and marinade around the ends of the bread.
Source: Sound Consumer, August 2004
Recipe by Farm Fresh To You