Maple Roasted Yams
Serves: 4 to 6
Simple, flavorful and not too sweet.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 1/4 cup melted butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 large Garnet or Jewel yams (sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, butter, lime juice, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss yam slices in the mixture, stirring to coat.
Pour yams and all the glaze in a 10-inch pie pan. Cover pan with foil. Roast, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until yams are golden and tender. Brush with a little additional maple syrup before serving.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe by, PCC Chef