Maple Roasted Yams
Serves: 4 to 6
Simple, flavorful and not too sweet.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 1/4 cup melted butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
- 2 large Garnet or Jewel sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, butter, lime juice, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss sweet potato slices in the mixture, stirring to coat.
Pour sweet potatoes and all the glaze in a 10-inch pie pan. Cover pan with foil. Roast, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove foi and cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are golden and tender. Brush with a little additional maple syrup before serving.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »