Maple Roasted Yams
Serves: 4 to 6
Simple, flavorful and not too sweet.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 1/4 cup melted butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 large Garnet or Jewel yams (sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, butter, lime juice, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss yam slices in the mixture, stirring to coat.
Pour yams and all the glaze in a 10-inch pie pan. Cover pan with foil. Roast, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until the yams are golden and tender. Brush with a little additional maple syrup before serving.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe by, PCC Chef