- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced red onion Add to list
- 1 serrano or jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional) or a pinch of chipotle powder Add to list
- 1/4 cup (or a good handful) packed chopped cilantro Add to list
- Zest and juice of 1 lime Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper Add to list
- 1 to 2 large avocados, diced Add to list
Gently toss diced mangoes, onion, serrano or jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and gently toss again. Add the avocado and gently toss into salsa.
Serve with blue corn chips as an appetizer or over grilled fresh halibut or grilled chicken for a main course.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor