Serve this sweet mango salsa with blue corn chips as an appetizer or over grilled fresh halibut or grilled chicken for a main course.
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced red onions Add to list
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced or a pinch of chipotle powder (optional) Add to list
- 1/4 cup packed chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 lime, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 to 2 large avocados - peeled, pitted and diced Add to list
Gently toss together mangoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper to taste and gently toss again. Add avocado and gently toss into salsa.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor