Mango Curry Tofu
The mangoes in the title are part of the convenient -- and delicious -- Major Grey chutney, so you don't need to hassle with prepping fresh mango.
- 1 1/4 pounds extra firm tofu Add to list
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 tablespoon salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups celery (about 3 ribs), diced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 5 ounces Patak Major Grey Chutney Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon water Add to list
- 1/4 cup parsley Add to list
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces Add to list
Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
Toss tofu in 1 teaspoon oil, along with salt, curry powder and coriander. Place on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until slightly cooked but not yet brown.
Warm up the remaining oil in the bottom of a small stockpot set over medium heat. Sauté vegetables along with minced garlic and ginger until soft, about 10 minutes.
Puree Major Grey Chutney in a food processor with cayenne; add to the vegetable mixture.
Blend the arrowroot and cold water to form a slurry and add to the simmering vegetables. Stir until thick. Add tofu. Garnish with parsley and cashews.
Serve over rice.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!