Mango Curry Tofu
The mangoes in the title are part of the convenient, and delicious, mango chutney, so you don't need to hassle with prepping fresh mango.
- 1 1/4 pounds extra-firm tofu Add to list
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 tablespoon salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups celery (about 3 ribs), diced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 5 ounces mango chutney Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cold water Add to list
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves Add to list
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces Add to list
Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
Toss tofu in 1 teaspoon oil, along with salt, curry powder and coriander. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until slightly cooked but not yet brown.
Warm up remaining oil in a small stockpot set over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, ginger and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes.
Puree chutney in a food processor with cayenne; add to onion mixture.
Blend arrowroot and water to form a slurry and add to the simmering vegetables. Stir until thick. Add tofu. Garnish with parsley and cashews.
Serve over rice.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!