Mango Avocado Salsa
The colors ... the vibrancy ... the heat: it's beautiful. The recipe calls for two mangos, but you may use a third, depending on how juicy and meaty they are. Serve over Curried Potato-Corn Burgers or alongside your favorite corn or bean chips.
- 2 mangos, diced small Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, diced small Add to list
- 1 jalapeño chile, minced Add to list
- 1 large lime, juiced, or more to taste Add to list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 avocado, medium diced, or more to taste Add to list
- Splash of red wine vinegar (see note) Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
In a large glass or ceramic bowl, combine mangoes, red bell pepper, onion and jalapeño; mix gently. Add lime juice and cilantro, and mix again. Fold in avocado. Splash with vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover, refrigerate and let the flavors marry for 1 to 2 hours. Mix again before serving.
Note: For a fun twist, try using peach vinegar instead of red wine vinegar. Peach vinegar is a specialty item that may have to be ordered from a gourmet food catalog or website.
Recipe by, former PCC staff