Mango Avocado Salsa
The recipe calls for two mangos, but you may use a third, depending on how juicy and meaty they are. Serve over Curried Potato-Corn Burgers or alongside your favorite corn or bean chips.
- 2 mangos, diced small Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, diced small Add to list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced Add to list
- 1 large lime, juiced, or more to taste Add to list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 avocado, diced, or more to taste Add to list
- Splash of red wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
In a large glass or ceramic bowl, combine mangoes, red bell peppers, onions and jalapeño; mix gently. Add lime juice and cilantro, and mix again. Fold in avocado. Splash with vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover, refrigerate and let the flavors marry for 1 to 2 hours. Mix again before serving.
Recipe by, former PCC staff