Madrasi Masala Paste
Yield: 8 ounces
Use this paste in the recipe for Salmon Rubbed with Madrasi Masala Paste.
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns Add to list
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds Add to list
- 3 tablespoons turmeric Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne Add to list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt Add to list
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Add to list
Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet and dry roast coriander, cumin, peppercorns and mustard seeds. Stir seeds continuously until they give off a rich smell. Be careful not to over-brown.
Remove from the heat then grind to a powder. Add turmeric, cayenne and salt; mix well. Add garlic, ginger and enough vinegar to form a paste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator;keeps for about 2 weeks.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor