Louisiana Stuffed Potatoes
If you like to turn up the heat, this is the potato dish for you! Serve it with a cup of soup and a crisp salad.
- 6 russet potatoes Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 red onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow bell peppers Add to list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped Add to list
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 tomatoes, chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast Add to list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Bake potatoes on the middle rack for 1 hour, or until fork-tender. Set aside to cool.
Heat oil in a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions, peppers and celery for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and olives. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and lower the heat to simmer until ready to assemble.
Cut an "X" into each potato when cool enough to handle and press sides gently to open. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of pulp from each potato and add to stuffing mixture. Spoon stuffing into and over potatoes.
Recipe by, former PCC staff