Louisiana Stuffed Potatoes
If you like to turn up the heat, this is the potato dish for you! Serve it with a cup of soup and a crisp salad.
- 6 russet potatoes Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced Add to list
- 1 medium red onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow bell pepper Add to list
- 1 rib celery, chopped Add to list
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast Add to list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Bake potatoes on middle rack for 1 hour, or until fork-tender. Set aside to cool.
Heat oil in a 10-inch frying pan and sauté the garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and olives. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and lower heat to simmer until ready to assemble.
Cut an X into each potato when cool enough to handle and press sides gently to open. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of pulp from each potato and add to stuffing mixture. Spoon stuffing into and over potatoes.
Recipe by, former PCC staff