Serves: 6 to 8
A creamy and warming soup made with red lentils and spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder Add to list
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed and picked through Add to list
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 5 ounces baby spinach Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, curry and lentils. Cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in vegetable stock and tomatoes, to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
For a creamier soup, whisk or mash half of the soup.
Stir in spinach, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook until spinach just wilts, 2 to 3 minutes.
Each serving: 220 cal, 2.5g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 510mg sodium, 35g carb, 9g fiber, 14g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef