Serves: 6 to 8
Light and refreshing, this lemon tart is the perfect dessert after a heavy meal.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups graunulated sugar Add to list
- 4 eggs Add to list
- 2 lemons, zested Add to list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons) Add to list
- Powdered sugar, for garnish Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Using your fingers, a pastry blender or two knives, combine butter, salt, powdered sugar and 2 cups flour until the mixture crumbles. Gently press into the bottom and sides of an 11-inch tart pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool.
In a bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup flour and granulated sugar, then whisk in eggs, one at a time. Add lemon zest and juice; stir well until blended. Pour into cooled tart shell and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until filling is set (it will be firmer on the edges and a little soft in the very center, which will firm as it cools).
Serve at room temperature, dusted with powdered sugar.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor