Serves: 8 to 12
Bright, citrus flavors are complemented by honey and almonds in this unusual cake.
- Oil, for pan Add to list
- 4 eggs Add to list
- 1/2 cup raw honey Add to list
- 1/2 orange, seeds removed and pulp and rind chopped Add to list
- 1 lemon, seeds removed and pulp and rind chopped Add to list
- 2 cups almond flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9- by 12-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, if desired, for easier removal.
In a bowl, cream eggs and honey with an electric mixer until fluffy, thick and glossy. This will take about 10 minutes on high speed. If you reduce the time, the cake will not set correctly.
In a food processor add chopped orange and lemon pieces and process until smooth.
In a separate mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Fold beaten eggs and pureed oranges and lemons into flour mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor and PCC Deli
Source: 2014 Annual meeting dinner