PCC Lemon Mousse
Serves: 6 to 8
Rita and Leon say: This is a very rich but very light spring dessert. It's simple to make, the flavor is amazing and, look Ma — NO GELATIN!
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 to 2 fresh organic lemons) Add to list
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 3 to 4 fresh, organic lemons) Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar (organic cane sugar or Florida Crystals from the bulk bins) Add to list
- 6 organic egg yolks Add to list
- 2 whole organic eggs Add to list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (I use Organic Valley heavy whipping cream) Add to list
- 1 pint organic strawberries Add to list
Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, egg yolks and whole eggs in mixing bowl. Pour into a medium saucepan and heat on the lowest setting on the stove. Stir occasionally until mixture thickens to the consistency of pudding, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
Whip heavy cream until thick and stiff peaks form. Gently fold the lemon mixture into the whipped cream until blended. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours. Serve garnished with fresh, organic sliced strawberries.
Recipe by, PCC Deli
Source: Adapted from www.herselfrecipes.com
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!