Lemon Fennel Chicken
Our popular boneless chicken thighs, seasoned with a mix of fresh fennel and whole fennel seed.
- 2 teaspoons brown rice flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thigh meat, roughly chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 6 tablespoons white wine Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/4 lemon, zested and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat chicken pieces.
Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add wine to the pan to deglaze; reduce to simmer. Add garlic, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and lemon slices. Let simmer for 5 minutes and then add sliced fennel and red pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake, covered, for 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Adjust seasoning with sugar and additional salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in lemon zest.