Lemon Fennel Chicken
This recipe is:
Our popular boneless chicken thighs, seasoned with a mix of fresh fennel and whole fennel seed.
- 2 teaspoons brown rice flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thigh meat, roughly chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 lemon Add to list
- 6 tablespoons white wine Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 cup fennel, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
Combine flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat the chicken pieces with the mixture.
Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
While the chicken browns, zest the lemon and set aside zest. Slice and de-seed the lemon and set aside.
Add the wine to the pan to deglaze; reduce to simmer. Add garlic, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and lemon slices. Let simmer for 5 minutes and then add the sliced fennel and red pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake, covered, for 45 minutes at 350˚F, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Adjust seasoning with sugar and additional salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in lemon zest.