Leftover Turkey, Black Bean, Pumpkin Seed and Cheese Quesadillas
Yield: 4 quesadillas
Here is the quintessential “go-to” recipe for leftovers. Sizzling, melty and filled with all the good stuff. Everyone in your family will love this one!
- 1 cup cubed leftover turkey meat Add to list
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans Add to list
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions Add to list
- 8 sprouted corn tortillas (or your favorite) Add to list
- Vegetable oil for brushing on the tortillas Add to list
- 6 to 8 ounces Beecher’s Jack Cheese, grated Add to list
- Cranberry Salsa Add to list
In a bowl, combine the turkey, black beans, pumpkin seeds, cilantro and green onion.
Brush a little vegetable oil on one side of 2 tortillas. Place 1 tortilla, oiled-side down in a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium heat. Spread 1/4 of the cheese on top of the tortilla and top with 1/4 of the turkey and black bean mixture. Place the other tortilla, oiled-side up, on top of all this.
Cook until the bottom tortilla is nice and golden brown. Using a pancake turner, carefully turn the quesadilla over and cook until golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly. Repeat process 3 more times with remaining tortillas and filling.
To serve, cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges and serve with fresh lime wedges and Cranberry Salsa.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired November 24, 2010.