Leftover Turkey and Mashed Potato Pancakes
Yield: 16 small pancakes
These little gems are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can top them with leftover cranberry sauce, or applesauce and sour cream. The potato mixture easily can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Try adding a pinch of fresh sage or rosemary if you like.
- 1 cup finely chopped leftover turkey Add to list
- 2 cups mashed potatoes Add to list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley Add to list
- 3 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- Cranberry sauce or applesauce, for topping Add to list
Mix turkey with potatoes, eggs, green onions and parsley until well blended.
In a heavy sauté pan, heat oil and drop potato mixture in pancake-sized portions (as large or as small as you like) into hot oil. Cook about 3 minutes on one side or until golden and then carefully flip and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
Top each pancake with your favorite condiment and serve and hot!
Recipe by, PCC Chef