A popular Greek dish of lamb and vegetables grilled on skewers.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated white onions Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 2 pounds lamb, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water Add to list
- Sliced onions, pita bread and Tzatziki sauce, for serving (optional) Add to list
Mix together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, onions, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over lamb in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. Remove meat from marinade; thread on bamboo skewers.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill until done to your liking, turning once. Serve with thinly sliced onions, pita bread and prepared Tzatziki Sauce.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor