Lamb Gyro Skewers with Pistachios and Mint
Yield: 8 to 12 skewers
Delicious on their own, they've even more wonderful when served with Allspice Pickled Radish Tzatziki Sauce.
- 1 pound ground lamb Add to list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced lemongrass Add to list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. For appetizer portions, roll the mixture into balls about the size of ping pong balls. Flatten out each ball slightly and wrap it around a small bamboo fork or a short metal or wooden skewer. (Soak any wooden skewers in water for a couple of hours before wrapping with the lamb mixture.)
Pre-heat a gas or charcoal grill and grill the skewers, turning frequently, until the meat is done through.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated at the 2011 Taste PCC event
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »