Kung Pao Chicken Tacos
Fresh and flavorful fusion tacos combine sweet peppers and chicken breast for a crowd-pleasing twist (and a fast weeknight dinner).
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon white wine Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch Add to list
- 1 tablespoon water Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips Add to list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame or high-heat oil Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 onion, sliced Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons rice or white vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sugar Add to list
- Corn tortillas, warmed Add to list
- 3 green onions, sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts Add to list
In a small bowl, mix together tamari, white wine, cornstarch and water. Pour over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions; cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute more; remove vegetables from the pan. Add chicken with marinade, vinegar and sugar; cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Divide chicken evenly between warmed tortillas and top with pepper mixture, green onions and peanuts.
Each serving: 440 cal, 14g fat (2.5g sat), 95mg chol, 470mg sodium, 39g carb, 5g fiber, 7g sugars, 42g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef