A classic refreshing treat.
- 3 tablespoons rice flour Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk, divided Add to list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light brown sugar, to taste Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups mango puree (3 to 4 mangoes) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons almond flour (optional) Add to list
- 15 raw cashews — soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained and chopped Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, plus extra for garnish Add to list
- Toasted chopped cashews, for garnish (optional) Add to list
Dissolve rice flour in 3 tablespoons almond milk; set aside.
Heat remaining milk and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring barely to a simmer and stir in rice flour mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in mango puree, almond flour, chopped cashews and cardamom.
Pour kulfi into small ramekins and freeze until solid, 4 to 6 hours. Eat directly from ramekins or place ramekins in warm water and remove the kulfi on to serving dishes. Garnish with a sprinkling of cardamom and toasted cashews.
Each serving: 270 cal, 8g fat (1g sat), 0mg chol, 95mg sodium, 49g carb, 2g fiber, 16g sugars, 3g protein
Source: Sound Consumer, July 2014
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »