Persian Baked Fresh Herb Patties
Serves: 4 to 6
You’ll find most of the spices called for in our bulk spice section, by the pinch or by the pound.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives Add to list
- 6 eggs Add to list
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon pepper Add to list
- 1 tablespoon flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Chop all the herbs by hand or use a food processor. Break the eggs into a large bowl and add the green onions, all the spices, flour, baking powder and garlic. Lightly beat with a fork. Add the fresh herbs and olive oil and mix thoroughly.
Brush a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with oil and pour in the egg mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Cut the kuku into small squares or wedges and serve with naan and yogurt (optional).
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor