Korean Vegetable Pancakes
Ho Bak Jun
Yield: About 14 (3-inch) pancakes
A delicious Korean side dish traditionally made from sliced zucchini. Here, the zucchini is shredded and mixed with fresh herbs and spices for a more robust flavor. Serve with Sesame Seed Dipping Sauce or tamari sauce.
- 2 zucchini, grated Add to list
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated Add to list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger Add to list
- 1 cup spelt flour Add to list
- 1 cup water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- High-heat oil, for frying Add to list
- Sesame Seed Dipping Sauce, for serving Add to list
Place zucchini, carrot, green onions, garlic, ginger, flour, water, sesame oil and salt in a bowl. Mix just until combined.
Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini batter by 1/4-cups into the pan. Cook until golden and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Continue with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
Serve with Sesame Seed Dipping Sauce or tamari sauce.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »