Kiwi Coconut Bread
Yield: Makes 1 loaf
Filled with tropical sweetness, this quick and easy kiwi bread is perfect for breakfast or snack time. Spread a bit of nut or seed butter on a slice for a protein punch and send your little ones on their way!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature Add to list
- 1/2 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt Add to list
- 1 cup mashed kiwi (3 to 5 whole) Add to list
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut Add to list
- 1 whole kiwi, peeled and sliced for garnish Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9- by 5-inch bread pan.
In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and sour cream or yogurt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in mashed kiwi and coconut.
Pour batter into prepared bread pan; evenly place sliced kiwi on top of batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Kids will love measuring and combining ingredients for this quick and easy bread. Let them scoop the kiwi from the skins with a spoon and mash the pulp. It’s fun to practice cracking eggs, but it always helps to have a few extra on hand!
EACH SERVING: 240 cal, 10g fat (7g sat),50mg chol, 520mg sodium, 33g carb, 2g fiber, 4g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »