Kale Wraps with Garlic-Tahini Dressing
Yield: 4 wraps
A crunchy, raw wrap that makes a perfect on-the-go lunch or snack.
- 1/4 cup tahini Add to list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons warm water Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- Dash of hot sauce (optional) Add to list
- 4 large kale leaves, stems removed Add to list
- 1 beet, shredded Add to list
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 carrot, shredded Add to list
- 1/2 bulb fennel, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves Add to list
Combine tahini, vinegar, water, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a bowl; mix until well combined.
Lay kale leaves flat on a work surface. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce on each leaf. Divide beet, zucchini, carrot, fennel and parsley evenly between each kale leaf. Roll up like a burrito and serve with remaining Garlic-Tahini Dressing.
As alternative dip, you might try: A Simple Peanut Sauce
Each wrap: 160 cal, 12g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 55mg sodium, 12g carb, 3g fiber, 6g protein
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, July 2013
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »