Kale and Smoked Salmon Salad with Avocado and Grapefruit
Serves: Serves 4 as an appetizer, or 2 as a light lunch
Refreshing and light, but hearty with protein and healthy fats.
- 1 bunch mizuna or other spicy salad greens, washed and roughly chopped Add to list
- 1 small bunch dinosaur kale, chopped Add to list
- 2 pink grapefruit, segmented (chop the segments in half if they are large), plus 2 to 4 tablespoons of the juice that drains off when segmenting the grapefruit Add to list
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced Add to list
- 4 to 6 ounces hot- or cold-smoked wild salmon, chopped into bite-size pieces Add to list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion Add to list
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
In a large bowl, combine mizuna, kale, grapefruit segments, grapefruit juice, avocado, smoked salmon and red onion. Drizzle oil over the salad and mix well. Grind fresh pepper over the salad before serving.
Source: Sound Consumer, February 2012
Recipe by PCC Natural Markets