Yield: About 10 pancakes
A tasty blend of cornmeal and yogurt, these pancakes are moist, substantial and delicious.
- 3/4 cup stone-ground cornmeal Add to list
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sugar Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt Add to list
- 1/2 cup milk Add to list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Add to list
- Cooking spray Add to list
In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl add the egg, yogurt, milk and vegetable oil, and whisk together until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and grease the pan well with cooking spray (or use 1 teaspoon of oil). Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
flip the pancake over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more cooking spray as needed.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, April 2010
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »