Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Summer Fruit Salsa
This is a classic dish of the Caribbean, and deservedly so. The zesty spice of the marinade is balanced perfectly with the cool, sweet tones of the salsa.
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 lime, juiced Add to list
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced ginger Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sugar Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg Add to list
- Pinch of ground cloves Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 boneless, skinless thighs Add to list
Place all ingredients, except chicken, in a food processor or blender and puree coarsely. Pierce chicken with a fork and rub marinade in thoroughly. Let marinate overnight.
Cook chicken over a hot grill, 4 to 5 minutes each side. Serve with Summer Fruit Salsa.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on August 11, 2007