Israeli Couscous Salad with Grapes
Serves: 4 to 6
Israeli couscous is a small, round, toasted pasta the size of a peppercorn.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock Add to list
- 2 cups Israeli couscous Add to list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 pound halved red seedless grapes Add to list
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 2 stalks celery, plus leaves, sliced Add to list
- 3 green onions, finely sliced Add to list
Bring chicken or vegetable stock to a boil. Stir in couscous, curry powder and a pinch of salt. Cover pot and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
Whisk together vinegar, honey and oil in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine couscous, dressing, grapes, carrots, celery and green onions. Serve at room temperature.