This recipe is inspired by a much-loved chopped salad served by a local pizza restaurant.
- 2 tablespoons Vegenaise or mayonnaise Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 small clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- Pinch of sugar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped dry salami Add to list
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese Add to list
To make the dressing, place mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and sugar in a lidded jar and shake vigorously. Season with salt and pepper.
To make the salad, combine lettuce, salami, garbanzo beans, onion, pepper and cheese in a large bowl and toss with dressing to coat evenly.
Each serving: 285 cal, 13.2g fat (4.6g sat), 22mg chol, 323mg sodium, 28.6g carb, 8.6g fiber, 14.8g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »